CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Earth Date February 1,2009

Today is Superbowl Sunday, and I am doing everything but watching the Superbowl. Church was extremely spiritual today, and I found myself becoming teary eyed, listening to all the testimonies of the ward members who felt prompted to share theirs. I really love this church. I have gone to several different Christian churches in my life, and have never, yes that is right, never felt as good as I do when I attend the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I remember an instance in which I attended a large church in the Sacramento area. I went with two friends of mine, and my experiences are as follows:
-I filled up my stomach on lemonade, and bagels, and some small little danishes. The food was great.
-I attended the young adult class at 10am. There were many different convenient times to go to this class, but I wanted to go in the morning. This class started with a guy up on stage singing and playing the guitar to some sort of christian rock songs. Everyone in the room knew his name except me, but he was an excellent singer and guitar player. The people sang songs, and stood up from their seats, put their hands in the air and waved them back and forth to the sounds streaming from his guitar. After the mini-rock concert, I was ready for some good ol' gospel discussion. We were divided into groups, and asked to talk about a verse in Corinthians. Well, everyone in my group pulled out their bibles so I pulled out mine. Of course mine were also attached to the rest of the standard works of the church. The Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and Pearl of Great Price. I was labeled the kid with the large Bible. Can I get a what, what? Well, a discussion ensued about what Paul was talking about in Corinthians, and Love was mentioned and talked about for almost the entire 20 minute discussion. Yes, I did pull some quotes from the Book of Mormon and add them into the discussion. I don't think anyone in the group realized that. hehehe.
After Sunday school, I attended the large "Modern" service, as opposed to the "Classic old timers" service. There was another band playing, and lots of singing, and a good sermon on how the member ought to be free with their pockets to help build up God's kingdom on earth.
The many other instances in which I have been to other "Christian" churches, and this instance included, has helped in my realization and testimony that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, is the true church. The kingdom of God is on earth once more, and the spirit stands ready to testify that to everyone who wants to know.
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, this is my Sunday blog, so just thought that I needed to blog about what I thought about while at church; other than why the little kid in front of us that kept trying to eat crayons, or why there was another little kid rolling around on the floor crying.
Captain out until I feel like writing some more.

0 comments: